13 January 2007

 

A new year with new opportunities

Winter holidays are over, and it is time to get on with the new year and with new things in sight. A short overview of what has been going through my mind lately...
My own DnD campaign is starting to get a little flesh. During the LAN party we held last week, and during this week when not at work, I've been spending quite some time to help the others creating their characters. The results: preparations for the first few sessions are almost finished and a couple of players are done already. There's a lot of enthousiasm and I'm really looking forward to it. What's even better, my mentioning it to an acquaintance (who's done RPGs before, but no DnD) has made her want to join in :) I'll be starting a second group instead, but things like this are just plain nice.
A couple of days ago, I've accepted doing a talk about KDE documentation at FOSDEM. So it's time to get back into KDE (well, it's been so for a couple of months, but now I have an excuse :P) and check out what the current state of KDE 4 is.
There are a couple of NFB meetings coming up - a general board meeting tomorrow, a volunteers' weekend in two weeks, and the members' assembly in March. Starting to think about stepping back in half a year or a year (possibly staying one more year in a different position to ease the transition to a new board), I'll have to make sure everything is in order before doing so. Hence, getting a clear list of what still needs to be done, and clearing the backlog.
And more, of course, but this should be enough for now :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?