31 August 2005

 

R.I.P. philippos (partially, at least)

When trying to read my mail yesterday, I got a not so pleasant surprise. At first I couldn't figure out why mutt didn't want to open any message, and that I had no new e-mails since that morning, but with the help of some people and my own stubbornness I managed to find out that there is something wrong with the harddisk of my server (philippos), causing the stuff to be mounted read-only.
Luckily I was able to copy all files from my home directory, which includes a few years of mail archive, to my laptop, but it seems like poor Phil hasn't survived the reboot I had to try. I'll see what's wrong with the thing when I get home, but it looks like I need to get a new drive :( -- and until then, no e-mail, alas. IRC is working via the network here at the university, but I'm not going to put lots of effort into getting mail configs right.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?